About Our History Programming:
Our history has a significant impact on everything that happens day to day. Unfortunately, most people only know a fraction of the history of their family, environment, locality, etc. I am amazed often, when I learn something new. As such, we offer several Historic Preservation Initiatives that could help to broaden the minds of everyone.
- Program Assistance - We can assist with any programs that you would conduct that explores or educates on history. This would include:
- Planning an event
- Researching and recording history
- Producing exhibits and other memorabilia
- Preservation Proposals - We can complete:
- Historic Marker applications.
- We received approval for:
- Sullivan Progress Plaza - 1st African American owned shopping center in the US
- Rev Leon H. Sullivan - founded OIC, 1st African American on GM board, founded Sullivan Principles that led to end of aparthied in South Africa
- Documentation for recognition at an event or in a publication
- We offer local African American history tours and products
- We conduct traveling history exhibits
- We sell Philadelphia and Pennsylvania memorabilia
|History, Culture and Educational Exhibits|
We are an exhibitor with the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) in collaboration with their museums. We can provide any exhibits that they have produced as traveeling exhibits.
At present, we have Resurrection City - The Poor People's Campaign and we can show a few artifacts from the exhibit - “A Place for All People: Introducing the National Museum of African American History and Culture” is a commemorative poster exhibition celebrating the Smithsonian’s newest museum which opened Sept. 24, 2016.
DHEx Enterprises provides traveling panel exhibitions for display at schools, libraries, and organization events. These displays present a unique opportunity for communities to view and learn from images of educational significance.
The cost for the exhibitions is $150 for up to 4 hours. The exhibits are informative on their own, however, I accompany the exhibit and provide additional insight into each topic with or without questions.
Logistics - exhibit space and tables will be required, depending upon the size of the exhibit. I also request ability to sell educational or history-related books or products at the event.
The following subject matter exhibits are readily available, however we can produce an exhibit on a topic of your choice for a seet-up fee:
- Little Legends - children that have made history under age 21
- African American Inventors and Inventions
- African Americans in the Military - Revolutionary war to present
- African Americans During the Revolutionary War
- History of Civil Rights - time line 1800s - to present
- African American History - combination of some or all of the other topics
- Martin Luther King
- African Americans In AeroSpace
- Addy's World - Life of Addy and Children during slavery and the years after
- African Americans in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathementics (STEM)
- African American STEM Initiatives
- Rev Dr. Leon H. Sullivan and the 10-36 Program
- The 1968 Poor People's Campaign - SITES Exhibit
Contact us with your request for a particular exhibit and which date and time.